Saturday, October 11, 2008

"It's Newby Day"

What a fun crew we had working at Ash Lawn in 1982. Newby's Garden Shop was more like her salon, where we'd go to smoke, learn obscure facts from Newby and always laugh - a lot. I remember how Newby would select tourists to sterilize with her virtual sterilization gun, while at the same time encouraging me to Breed (I'm afraid this is Newby's one disappointment in me).

I recall another special birthday twenty five years ago when we arranged a surprise party for Newby at Lee Park, draping General Lee and Traveller with streamers proclaiming "It's newby DAY." Amazing that we didn't all get arrested.

These are just some of the memories that come to mind, all of them with a smile and a laugh. I'm one of the countless people whose lives you have made so much richer, Newby. Enjoy your special day and know that all of us will be with you!

Lots of love,
Lanie

No comments: